Top Social

Try.

7/18/2017
Try.
The other day I was faced with a challenge, and it was particularly passion related. As I was working through this challenge and feeling crabby, frustrated and pretty much stumped, I thought to myself….. Why am I even trying?
        
Maybe you’ve gotten to this point before like I just did. That’s a question that can come from a thousand different circumstances. I didn’t know why I was trying because I thought I had already made it as far as I could go. I thought I had hit a typical dead end, but maybe… maybe I just couldn’t see around that unseen bend in the road. Maybe for others they don’t know why they’re trying because it seems impossible to start at all. Maybe you really are at that dead end, and you tried as hard as you could. My point is, trying is hard, and it’s unpredictable, but it’s going to be so worth it in the end.

Right now I’m going to tell you to try anyways. Whatever that thing is that you’ve been working at, whatever that thing is where you just want to give up and walk away, whatever that thing is that makes you feel hopeless and unworthy and you’re tired of fighting it and fighting it and you can’t see how the situation is going to get any better…. You know, you could always walk away. But try anyways. Because what if you were just about to see the light? What if you were juuusst about to walk around that bend in the road? And then you got around that bend and all the pain, and all the struggles, and all the fighting, was worth it and all your hard work was recognized. All because you tried. All because you didn’t give up. The trying? It’s gonna be worth it.  

I’m going to leave you with this little tidbit here, and I hope it puts a little something in your heart, just like it did in mine.

“ and not only this, but we also exalt in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope.”
Post Comment
Post a Comment

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature